Everyone deserves a little recognition now and then. So today, I’ll take a minute to shine a light on two wonderful bloggers.
First, let me present Peri Avari, the talented writer of Peri’s Spice Ladle. Peri says, “If you are looking for newer and healthier food options to match your healthy lifestyle: the answer lies in Indian food.” Sounds good to me. It’s not just her Parsi-inspired cuisine that makes this blog a popular destination, with over 500 followers. It’s also her warm writing style and her faithful presence in our in-boxes that brings people back, offering good food, along with good thoughts, words, and deeds.
Next, I introduce you to BeautifulSimpleMeaningful, Sophie—wife, mother of two, and from what I gather, academic on a sojourn with her family in Belgium where they are experimenting with role reversal—is a woman after my own heart. Neither novel ingredients, complicated recipes, nor time-consuming techniques for creating basic foods like bread or tofu in her own kitchen faze her. Her motto pretty well sums it all up: “I only have time to cook once a week. So it had better be good.”
I’m so grateful to these two women for nominating Vinny’s blog for three awards circulating about the blogosphere recently.
Earlier this month Sophie kindly put us up for the One Lovely Blog and the Inspiring Blog awards. This is not the first time we’ve been nominated for these honors but it is no less exciting to be given them by such a great blogger. Thanks so much!
Then today, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Peri has tagged us for the Reader Appreciation award! There’s no doubt about how much we appreciate receiving it. Heartfelt thanks, Peri. As this is the first time Vinny has been given this award, we must fulfill these rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to his/her blog
- Include the award logo in your blog (see column at the right)
- Answer the questions below (and I have answered them in italics)
- Nominate the blogs you enjoy reading, link them and let them know that they have been nominated (with pleasure)
First, the Q and A:
- What is your favorite color? Pink – is there any other color?
- Favorite flower? Hibiscus (or orchid, or lily… so hard to choose just one)
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Roibus tea – not only nonalcoholic, but also caffeine free… and pink!
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook – I don’t have a smart phone – wish I did
- What’s your passion? Children and gardens
- What’s your favorite pattern? Plaid
- Do you prefer giving or getting presents? Both!
- What’s your favorite number? 1,000,000, especially if there is dollar sign in front of it 🙂
- Favorite day of the week? Tuesday, the day I post (usually…)
As I have already nominated a number of blogs for the One Lovely Blog and the Inspiring Blog awards, I’ll move right along. My selections for the Reader Appreciation Award (no particular order) go to these fabulous reads:
- Gastronomy Mommy – A like spirit with a blog packed full of stories and recipes about healthy eating
- Cornaby’s – a fun read full of honest assessments about the recipes she tests. Jana, our 300th follower, is also the winner of a free copy of Vinny’s book
- A High School Foodie – a real live 15-year-old chef who reminds me of my own imaginary friend, Vinny Grette
- Running in Mommy Land – an eclectic writer who gets plenty of reader appreciation
- iGame Mom – an informative stopover for families who surf the web, and who doesn’t these days?
To all my faithful readers, so happy to have you along. Please keep reading, commenting, and trying Vinny’s recipes. Let’s get cooking!