Cook Up a Story (the website) has just been nominated for a Food Stories Award. Many thanks to CJ of Food Stories Blog for this honor. The official award site is http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/. Check it out. It’s an informative place to visit if you like food :).
The award requires me to post some random fact about myself, which I’m sure will not be of the remotest interest to anybody out there… Nevertheless, in the interests of playing along, and as an adjunct to eating and writing and children, I also adore flowers. I have a big garden that relaxes me whenever I spend time in it.
I have a few favorite food blogs which I enjoy visiting. I would like to nominate these five for a food stories award, in turn.
- The first is A hundred days of real food. Challenged by Michael Pollan’s In defense of food, this family shows how you can cut processed foods from your grocery list. Do look this one over at your leisure – a great read and a thrilling family saga!
- Then, I just love Household Arts and Science. This oh-so-prolific blogger sends out more than one post a day. In any week I find three or four that are especially interesting for me. Well worth a look.
- Next, I suggest you look at Foodimentary, especially if you’re more into food facts than recipes per se.
- For food photography par excellence, I think you’ll love looking at The Plum Palate. Her photos of even the simplest ingredients, like this slice of lemon, are striking. They set off her delicious recipes highlighting seasonal foods very nicely. This blog has a healthy approach to eating that Vinny loves.
- Last but not least is Come Due Maiali /”Like two Pigs”, where you are sure to find some truly gourmet recipes, featuring exotic ingredients and provocative commentary. Enjoy!