Vinny and I just got an early Christmas present. Casey of Case of the Munchies has given us a Sunshine Award! What could be warmer at this time of year than to be recognized for working with children? A fellow Canadian, Casey takes beautiful photos of mouth-watering food that he’s prepared by following his own instincts, while interpreting recipes he finds inspiring. He has a casual, happy style so suited to the Sunshine Award. I’m delighted that he has honored me in turn. Visit his site and take a gander.
To pay it back, I’d like to nominate a few of my own favorite blogs for the Sunshine Award, in no particular order.
- Jason’s Bites, a beautiful blog full of delicious food ideas. Jason says, “the whole point of my blog was to show everyone how eating healthy can be DELICIOUS and awesome!”
- Stefan’s Gourmet Blog lives up to its promise. Stefan enjoys preparing unusual dishes and choosing accompanying wines, with flair. Lots of good ideas and an excellent guide for learning new cooking techniques. Loads of great photos, too.
- One Regular Guy Writing about Food, Exercise and Living Longer is full of well-referenced material on maintaining good health throughout a long and happy life. I always learn something from reading Tony’s blog. Well worth checking into.
- Planet Snazzy, where fellow Snazzians can find cheery info on food, fashion, fun, and fitness! Lots and lots of great info on this site.
- Simply Young and Thrifty is a cheerful, bright page, fun to click into. Amy says, “I am a foodie, a deal lover, and a student of the world. Staying healthy and happy is my priority. As I experience life, I hope to share ideas on how to nourish the soul, strengthen the body and mind, and stay young and curious.”
In lieu of a bunch of silly personal info that I’ve already posted previously here and there, I’ll offer up a song that says it all. Dear readers, you make me happy when skies are grey. Listen up, this little ditty says it all! It’s a good note to end on.