Yes, it’s true! All you have to do is publish a review for Vinny’s book Cook Up A Story, somewhere on the web. Include a link to Vinny’s book details.
Then on Vinny’s Feedback page, let me know where you’ve posted your review.
On 30 June, I’ll put all the published reviews into a hat and select the winner of a free copy of Cook Up A Story.
Bonus: If anyone succeeds in getting a public library to buy and circulate a copy or two of Vinny’s book in June, you get three chances to win the draw for a free copy. Often, all it takes is for a library to get requests from two or three people in a community. Ask your friends to help
Where can you find a copy to review?
Go on-line to the Blurb bookstore, and click on “Preview” for Cook Up A Story. During June, the whole book will be available there for your viewing pleasure.
You can publish your review or comment on Facebook, Twitter, your own website or even on the Ottawa Library’s website if you happen to have a library card.
Why should you bother to review Cook Up A Story?
- It’s worth a look. Much thought over 8 years went into Cook Up A Story. Result: 80 pages of stories, recipes, and fun for families who want to eat more healthily. Writers, food scientists, chefs, artists, and tasters and readers of all ages were on Vinny’s team.
- It could interest kids in home cooking. A few stories for kids might be just the push families need to start passing healthy cooking skills to the next generation.
- It could help sort out confusing advice regarding food choices. Starting early with food basics gives the whole family the info they need to choose wisely.
- Vinny Grette covers many food issues people worry about today, from all sides. Learn the basics from Vinny’s book, then get refreshers through Vinny’s web site as you try your own food experiments. Teachers, nutritionists, parents and grandparents find Cook Up A Story not only useful, but also fun! Read some comments.
Spreading the word
- You could help others. Vinny relies on people like you to tell folks about Cook Up A Story. This self-published book is printed only when you order it. The cost includes printing, tax, and shipping, plus $2 that Vinny donates to children’s programs in the community. Blurb occasionally offers discounted prices. Of course, people can visit Vinny’s website any time, at no cost at all!
So go ahead. Let your friends and fans know you’ve read Cook Up A Story and help spread the message. Mindful eating is only a click away.
You may be the lucky winner of a copy of Vinny’s book for June!